Friday, February 16, 2007

The folks of the guild

The people here at Grunewald really make the place. I can't speak for the summer months, but in the winter the feel of the place is really set by the community of staff members who are here. There are five staff members here at present, and they come from a bunch of different backgrounds. Everyone has their own way of living life and the mesh that this brings in community is rather neat.
Living in intentional community is something that i've done in my own life and I find that I draw a lot of strength and energy from it. Yet, though I might think that "i've done this before" being a part of this community reminds me how unique each experience is. The blend of personal histories, passions and vision always make something new and different. In my own experience a closed community (one that doesn't have members joining or leaving throughout it's span) can change in the period of its existence. Here at Grunewald there are constantly visitors, old and new friends, family members and travelers stopping to share their time and their stories.
This community is continuously open. It may take awhile to understand the rythm and the little nuances are more meaningful once you figure out the relationship behind them. But like any community I will join in the coming years, it's the figuring out that I will enjoy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there at the Grunewald Guild. I attended the Guild for several weeks over twelve years ago. Since then, I have thankfully completed my Masters and then a doctorate in Visual Art. I have always held as desire to return to the Guild in the future. I am wondering who the staff currently are and what changes may have occurred over such a long period of time.

All the best and many thanks,

Flossie (Florence)

Anonymous said...

To Flossie, re: your comment.
Please check out the Grunewald Guild website for more info at--

http://www.grunewaldguild.com/contact